Jim's Jots and Tittles. . .
The Big FiveIn both letters to the Corinthians, Paul addressed about every sin one can think of. But in 2 Corinthians 13:11 Paul lists the "big five" that could change them into a people pleasing to God.
- Rejoice--the forgiveness of their sins should produce joy not jealousy and strife.
- Be made complete--they should be "new" people. As Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "behold all things have become new."
- Be comforted or encouraged--come to each other's aid and service--support one another--come to one's side.
- Be like-minded--to agree together (1 Corinthians 1:10).
- Live in peace--their lives should be in harmony with one another as Christians, practice love--1 Corinthians 13:4: "Love is patient, kind, not jealous nor arrogant."